[W12.bis.dssnp] Semweb and FreedomBox

Sebastian Tramp tramp at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mi Dez 12 09:39:17 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 08:42:12PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> If you use project a and b today, but move to project c and d tomorrow, then
> you are right that it might be "waste" of my time

Thats exactly what I mean. We still test components which exists. After the
selection phase, we can give you the list if you want.

> > > Please also tell me if you need some help using Node - e.g. if you need
> > > some Node libraries not yet packaged officially for Debian, or have
> > > trouble figuring out how to best structure and package your own code as
> > > a packaged daemon.
> >
> > ok
>
> I can most likely not help you if you base your work on non-Debian Node.
>
> Nick Daly and Bdale Garbee found it "good enough" for them to use a shell
> script for generating their FreeodmBox images - even if that meant it is hard
> for others like you to hook into from odd angles.

I do not like that either and will try to maintain debian package descriptions
from the very beginning.

> Seems to be you do similar by using non-Debian Node and rely on NPM. :-(

What do you mean with non-debian? Can we provide the same current version of
node by doing some apt repo vodoo?

I am not sure what you mean here and open for suggestions.
Or in another way: What is the pure-debian way to install nodejs 0.8.14+ on
testing or stable?

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--