[W12.bis.dssnp] Installing a FreedomBox environment

Natanael Arndt arndtn at gmail.com
Fr Okt 12 20:35:42 CEST 2012

Hello I'm Natanael (the 6th Student)

I tried to boot the freedombox image [1] in a VirtualBox to see what it
actually is. Now i figured out that it is an ARM system.

Jonas said: "Simply install a minimal Debian installation, and work from
there!". Can you maybe tell us or point us to a location, where we can
find out, what is the difference between the Debian on my Laptop and the
FreedomBox?

Is it a Debian-Based Distribution or a collection of software which can
be added to a plain Debian installation (e.g. an APT-repo).

[1]
http://download.freedomboxfoundation.org/torrents/freedombox-kickstarter-release.img.xz.torrent

Kind regards
Nate