[W12.bis.dssnp] loggerhead

McQuigg Kitson sapient at mrt-akademie.de
Di Dez 24 11:54:42 CET 2013

re pleased to announce

P-wreck. I warrant you they have heard of him already. Sir _Jeal._ Nay, I know this Town swarms with them. Sir _Geo._ Ay, and then you know the _Spaniards_ are naturally Amorous, but very Constant, the first Face fixes 'em, and it may be dangerous to let him ramble e'er he is tied. _Char._ Well hinted. (_Aside._ Sir _Jeal._ Pat to my Purpose--Well, Sir, there is but one thing more, and they shall be married instantly. _Char._ Pray Heaven, that one thing more don't spoil all. (_Aside._ Sir _Jeal._ _Don Pedro_ writ me Word in his last but one, that he design'd the Sum of Five Thousand Crowns by way of Joynture for my Daughter; and that it shou'd be paid into my Hand upon the Day of Marriage. _Char._ Oh! the Devil. (_Aside._ Sir _Jeal._ In order to lodge it in some of our Funds, in case she should become a Widow, and return for _England_. Sir _Geo._ Pox on't, this is an unlucky Turn. What shall I say? (_Aside._ Sir _Jeal._ And he does not mention one Word of it in this Letter. _Char._ I don't know how he should. (_Aside._ Sir _Geo._ Humph! True, Sir _Jealous_, he told me such a Thing, but, but, but, but--he, he, he, he--he did not imagine that you would insist upon the very Day, for, for, for, for Money you know is dangerous returning by Sea, an, an, an, an-- _Char._ Zounds, say we have brought it in Commodities. (_Aside to Sir_ George. Sir _Geo._ And so Sir, he has sent it in Merchandize, _Tobacco_, _Sugars_, _Spices_, _Limons_, and so forth, which shall be turn'd into Money with all Expedition: In the mean time, Sir, if you please to accept of my Bond for Performance. Sir _Jeal._ It is enough, Sir, I am so pleas'd with the Countenance of _Seignor Diego_, and the Harmony of your Name, that I'll take your Word, and will fetch my Daughter this Moment. Within there (_Enter Servant_) desire Mr. _Tackum_ my Neighbour's Chaplain to walk hither. _Serv._ Yes, Sir. (_Exit._ Sir _Jeal._ Gentlemen, I'll return in an Instant. (_Exit._ _Char._ Wondrous well. Let me embrace thee. Sir _Geo._ Egad that 5000 _l._ had like to have ruin'd the Plot. _Char._ But that's over! And if Fortune throws no more Rubs in our way. Sir _Geo._ Thou'lt carry the Prize--but hist, here he comes. _Enter Sir _ Jealous_, dragging in _Isabinda_._ Sir _Jeal._ Come along, you stubborn Baggage you, come along. _Isab._ Oh hear me, Sir! hear me but speak one Word, Do not destro