[W12.bis.dssnp] grieve

Isgur Crowl statewide at zfpf.de
Di Dez 24 12:19:54 CET 2013

or Sir _Geor

_ I must have drop'd it upon the Stairs. But why are you so much alarm'd, if the worst happens no body can read it, Madam, nor find out whom it was design'd for. _Isab._ If it falls into my Father's Hands the very Figure of a Letter will produce ill Consequences. Run and look for it upon the Stairs this Moment. _Patch._ Nay, I'm sure it can be no where else.-- (_As she's going out of the Door meets the Butler._) How now, what do you want? _Butl._ My Master order'd me to lay the Cloth here for his Supper. _Isab._ Ruin'd past Redemption-- (_Aside._ _Patch._ You mistake sure; what shall we do? _Isab._ I thought he expected Company to Night--Oh! poor _Charles_--Oh! unfortunate _Isabinda_. _Butl._ I thought so too Madam, but I suppose he has alter'd his Mind. (_Lays the Cloth, and Exit._ _Isab._ The Letter is the Cause; this heedless Action has undone me: Fly and fasten the Closet-window, which will give _Charles_ notice to retire. Ha, my Father, oh! Confusion. _Enter Sir _Jealous_._ Sir _Jeal._ Hold, hold, _Patch_, whither are you going. I'll have no body stir out of the Room till after Supper. _Patch._ Sir, I was only going to reach your easie Chair--Oh! wretched Accident! Sir _Jeal._ I'll have no body stir out of the Room. I don't want my easie Chair. _Isab_ What will be the event of this? (_Aside._ Sir _Jeal._ Hark ye Daughter, do you know this Hand? _Isab._ As I suspected--Hand do you call it, Sir? 'Tis some School-boy's Scraul. _Patch._ Oh! Invention, thou Chamber-maid's best Friend, assist me. (_Aside._ Sir _Jeal._ Are you sure you don't understand it? (_Patch._ _Feels in her Bosom, and shakes her Coats._) _Isab._ Do you understand it, Sir? Sir _Jeal._ I wish I did. _Isab._ Thank Heaven you do not. (_aside_) Then I know no more of it than you do indeed, Sir. _Patch._ Oh Lord, Oh Lord, what have you done, Sir? Why the Paper is mine, I drop'd it out of my Bosom. (_Snatching it from him._ Sir _Jeal._ Ha! yours, Mistress. _Isab._ What does she mean by owning it. (_Aside._ _Patch._ Yes, Sir, it is. Sir _Jeal._ What is it? Speak. _Patch._ Why,