[OpenWalnut-Dev] Permanent tickets

Alexander Wiebel wiebel_openwalnut at dergrosse.de
Wed Sep 21 10:33:06 CEST 2011

Hi Mathias

> So ATM there are three tickets #42, #77 and #78. I though one permanent
> ticket (#42) would not pollute too much the ticket system and could
> serve our purpose to have tickets for often occuring small work pieces.
> Addionally it is very easy to remember, since its the answer to a very
> important question.

OK, the 42 is perfect :-)

> However, what is the purpose of having two separate tickets #77 and #78
> for DOC and STYLE, since the ticket descr. does not say anything more
> than the tags "DOC" or "STYLE"?

Yes you are right. I missed your ticket. I will merge the other two into it.

> Further, I observed that other small work may occur which should have an
> extra commit, but its not that important to write a ticket first: Fixing
> failing unittest in about 17min.

If I follow your argumentation from some years ago, you will have to
create a ticket for each such small task. 17 minutes seems not too
short. However, I agree that it can become cumbersome if filing the
ticket takes longer than fixing the bug. I do not have a solution for
this yet. However, I think it is a bad idea to create a permanent ticket
for this because the small tasks can have very different topics.

> I don't want to mess up the ticket system with permanent tickets, since
> it reduces the overview of the work which has to be done.

Definitely.

Cheers,
Alex