[OpenWalnut-Dev] I can not create empty WDataSetPoints

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf at vclabor.awmw.org
Tue Sep 16 23:37:46 CEST 2014

Hello,

this is an example when I try to create a WDataSetPoints, having no item::
         boost::shared_ptr< WDataSetPoints > validatedPoints(
                 new WDataSetPoints( validatedVerts, validatedColors ) );

If I execute, then the entire OpenWalnut crashes. Debugger waits at
Method: void WDataSetPoints::init( bool calcBB )
Line: m_colorType = static_cast< ColorType >( m_colors->size() / (
m_vertices->size() / 3 ) );

Is it maybe though true that it is not a good idea to divide by the
vertex count?
Maybe assign a standard m_colorType when no points exist or so?

Regards,
Andreas Schwarzkopf