[Qrowd] comments to section 2.2

Elena Simperl e.simperl at soton.ac.uk
Fr Mär 21 13:59:10 CET 2014

Hey everyone,

at
https://grips.semantic-web.at/download/attachments/51809713/QROWD_2.2_AZ.docx
you will find the current version of Section 2.2. It includes text from
the old proposal which will need to be updated.

It appears that there is no part about dissemination in the document at
the moment. Note that in H2020 there is a distinction between
dissemination and communication. Communication means general PR, whereas
dissemination is focused on specific measures and target groups. The
guidelines recommend the following:

"Provide a draft ‘plan for the dissemination and exploitation of the
project's results’ (unless the work programme topic explicitly states
that such a plan is not required). For innovation actions describe a
credible path to deliver the innovations to the market. The plan, which
should be proportionate to the scale of the project, should contain
measures to be implemented both during and after the project.

Dissemination and exploitation measures should address the full range of
potential users and uses including research, commercial, investment,
social, environmental, policy making, setting standards, skills and
educational training. The approach to innovation should be as
comprehensive as possible, and must be tailored to the specific
technical, market and organisational issues to be addressed.

Explain how the proposed measures will help to achieve the expected
impact of the project. Include a business plan where relevant."

For dissemination, this means that we need a plan of targeted activities
for the relevant audiences. In the communications part we describe the
Web site, social media channels, general marketing. Below the official
guidelines

"Describe the proposed communication measures for promoting the project
and its findings during the period of the grant. Measures should be
proportionate to the scale of the project, with clear objectives. They
should be tailored to the needs of various audiences, including groups
beyond the project's own community. Where relevant, include measures for
public/societal engagement on issues related to the project."

@Amrapali, Jens, could you please provide a revised version of the
dissemination plan and of the communication section.

Now to exploitation, which is due next Friday. We can start with the
current text, but update it to the business cases. However, we need a
more detailed version of the business plans of all industrial partners.

I hope these notes are useful for everyone involved in writing Section 2.2

Elena

--
Dr. Elena Simperl
Senior Lecturer