[Qrowd] Qrowd proposal rejected

Elena Simperl e.simperl at soton.ac.uk
Mi Sep 24 08:59:02 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

I guess some of the points they are raising are fair. We were very
strong on technology, but maybe not so much on the end-to-end business
cases. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the scores. They are lowered
down artificially to make sure there is a clear cut between accepted and
rejected bids. I guess the main reason why we were not succesful is
because we didn't fit 120% in the call, which seems to be essential
these days.

Let's try to explore some other calls in the future and revisit the idea.

Elena

On 23-Sep-14 6:08 PM, Jens Lehmann wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> sorry to hear this. The competition in H2020 is hard, but I believe
> our proposal got particular harsh reviewers.
>
> I just read the ESR and there is a slightly contradictory statement in
> there: "the planned to be developed crowd-sourcing standalone tools
> include considerable Research and Development effort [...] The
> advances beyond the state of the art exclusively come from the
> innovative integration of existing solutions"
>
> Nevertheless, I hope we can use other opportunities to work together
> in the future.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jens
>

> Am 23.09.2014 um 18:14 schrieb Martin Kaltenböck:
>> Dear all
>>
>> I am very sorry to let you know that our Qrowd proposal has been
>> rejected - we have reached a really bad score on our proposal what makes
>> me personally sad and wondering what we did wrong here - nevertheless
>> many thanks for your good work on this proposal and I do hope we will
>> find other ways for co-operation in the future - best regards - martin
>>
>> PS: see attached the rejection letter & the review result
>>
>> --
>> Martin Kaltenböck, CMC
>> Managing Partner, CFO
>>
>> Semantic Web Company (SWC)