[W12.bis.dssnp] Semweb and FreedomBox

Sebastian Tramp mail at sebastian.tramp.name
Fr Okt 12 16:59:59 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 01:04:27PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I just saw your UniLeipzigPractical addition at wiki.debian.org about
> http://bis.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/de/Lehre/1213/WS/LV/DSSNP where it seems
> you are teaching if I am not mistaken. I am really excited about your focus
> on semweb for the FreedomBox.

Hi Jonas,

yes, we try to extend the freedombox to build ein social network based on
WebID, Semantic Pingback and Activity Streams (or something similar).

> Can I help, somehow?

Sure, most of us (incl. me) are newbies to the project. our first step is to
manage to buy hardware for the group (6 student + 2 research associates) and to
provide working virtual environments.

If you have a working VirtualBox environment, please export an open virtual
appliance image for us, which we can distribute here. at least for me, the
current downloads does not work.

> Could we perhaps have a discussion on IRC or Jabber about what you (want to)
> do, and how I might help more directly?

Yes we can chat but with this mail I introduce you to the group (mailing list
cc) - feel free to add yourself to the list (we should to English then).

> I am jonas at jones.dk on Jabber and jonas on OFTC e.g. in #freedombox channel.

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--